Statements and Inclusions
All Texas State publications should include a statement that identifies our system membership and our commitment to a tobacco-free campus. Some may require statements that identify our commitment to equal opportunity, access and accommodations.
See below for the usage requirements and placement of each statement. Please contact us if you are unsure about which statements apply to your publication.
The system statement declares Texas State’s affiliation with The Texas State University System (TSUS).
- You must use the actual artwork. Do not simply type words.
- Minimum size is 1.5 inches wide.
- Use on the front cover of all documents or publications.
- Use on all advertisements and signage.
- Use on first page plus cover of documents with more than six pages.
To express Texas State’s commitment to providing equal opportunities to all people, the Texas State homepage and all printed materials used for recruitment purposes will include the following statement:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
The equal opportunity statement may be placed in any location within the publication. We suggest a location that is easily seen.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in employment, programs and services provided by state and local governments, goods and services provided by private companies and in commercial facilities.
The following accommodation statement must be included in brochures or documents with more than six pages:
This information is available in alternate format upon request from the Office of Disability Services.
The following statement must be included in printed material announcing university-sponsored events:
If you require accommodations due to a disability in order to participate, please contact (sponsoring event phone number) at least 72 hours in advance of the event.
Publications, posters, invitations, programs or any type of communication that will involve people being present on the Texas State campus must include the following statement:
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus.
List of Board of Regents and Chancellor
All publications of more than six inside pages must include a list of the names and home cities of the current members of the Texas State University System Board of Regents, as well as the student regent. The Chancellor's name is included at the end of the list without a home city.
The list must:
- include the names and home cities of the current members as well as the student regent; the Chancellor's name is listed at the end and without a home city.
- be presented in the following order:
- Vice Chairman
- the remaining member names are listed in alphabetical order by the members' last names
- the student regent
- the Chancellor (note: no city)
The list must not be displayed in type smaller than eight point.
The list may be displayed in one column, multiple columns or line listed. It may appear:
- in the staff box of a publication, which is often found on the second page and includes staff names, contributors, contact information, logo, etc.
- on the inside-front cover, page one or two of the document, the inside back cover, or the back cover of the publication